Our full range of environmentally friendly products meets specific aviation performance criteria as well as environmental criteria. We use green chemicals whenever possible and ultimately strive to use the most environmentally friendly components when formulating our products. The focus of our product development is developing environmentally safe and sustainable products to meet the needs of the aviation market.
Celeste's Green Chemistry Standards
- Low or No VOCs – the product contains little to no Volatile Organic Compounds, which can be toxic and harmful to humans and the environment.
- No Known HAPs – the product contains no known Hazardous Air Pollutants or Toxic Air Pollutants, which can lead to serious health problems in humans and damage to ecological systems.
- No Known Carcinogens – the product contains no agents that are known or suspected of causing cancer.
- SARA Title 3 Compliant – the product does not contain any of the chemicals reported under the act, which involves the storage and handling of hazardous chemicals that are harmful to people and the environment.
- Use of Best Alternative Green Solvents – the product only contains solvents from the approved list provided by the US EPA, which demonstrate specific environmentally friendly characteristics: reduced hazards, lower or no toxicity, low VOC’s, do not cause ozone depletion, low Global Warming Potential (GWP), not environmentally persistent.
- Biodegradable – the product solutions are considered “readily biodegradable” since they have the natural ability to biodegrade to their natural state, when subjected to microbial activity, from 60-100% in 28 days.
© 2020 Celeste Industries Corp.